R2BC: Finding the silver lining
This has been a bit of a challenging week. Little O started back at preschool on Monday after three weeks of holiday and countless more days off sick before that in December and it has been a slow start getting him settled back in. And Baby E is just starting on a Wonder Week, so is not in the best of moods. However, I’ve been trying to look for the silver lining everywhere I can.
- Little O’s first week back at preschool has been a bit of a challenge; however, he moved up a class just before Christmas (which was handled wonderfully by the staff), so that can be part of it. They are not concerned about how he’s settling in and say it’s getting better each day.
- The problem is that he’s challenging once I’ve collected him from preschool. He had his biggest tantrum to date on Wednesday – 25 minutes, of which 10 minutes was spent outside with him crying and screaming and then lying on the snowy pavement, followed by 15 minutes just inside the front door, so in the communal hallway for all the neighbours to hear. The silver lining here is that Husband arrived home early by surprise, took us all out for a walk and we ended up having dinner at a tapas restaurant, and it all went brilliantly, which restored my faith in us being able to handle these tantrums as they occur.
- For each tantrum that occurs, we learn better how to deal with them and keep Little O feeling secure.
- I had a lovely night last night with two friends, just catching up and having a laugh.
- Although Baby E seems to have just started the Programs Wonder Week, we know that once it is over, he will be able to show us all his new tricks!
So, not the best of weeks, but I really am trying to look on the positive side of things.