The Gallery: Light

Taken at Torekov, November 2007

I took this picture in November 2007, shortly before Husband and I moved to Sweden.

Three of us – two close friends from Copenhagen and I – went for a few days to stay at Torekov Hotell in southern Sweden to relax, enjoy some spa treatments and have a few laughs.

Sadly, just over a year after this picture was taken, and three years ago this week, one of these wonderful, kind-hearted girls died from cancer, just a few months after giving birth to her first child. She remains in our thoughts and our hearts.

• • • • • • • • • • •

Now head on over to Tara’s and see what the others have posted this week!

You might also like these:

Comments

1. itsasmallworldafterallfamily says

The light in the picture is beautiful. Very sad about your friend.

2. Kat says

Thank you all for your comments.
    Cancer is such a terrible disease and can strike so suddenly and quickly.

3. says

That’s so sad, I worked for Cancer Research for 8 years and the stories you hear are just alwful.
    Sorry for your loss x

4. says

The light in this photograph is completely spell-binding, and so far I have only come across this special kind of light in Scandinavia 😉 How terribly sad about your friend though :(

Emma x

• Kat says

Yes, it is a special light, isn’t it? They say that it is best in Skagen, but in seven years in Denmark, I never managed to make it there…
      It was a complete fluke that the photo came out this well – I was just snapping and when I downloaded the photos, there this one was, and I just loved it.

5. Kat says

Thank you all for your kind comments. I am so grateful that I have this photo to remind me of her.

6. says

what a wonderful phtoo, so sorry to hear of your friend :( how awful I have a dear friend who is loosing her fight to this blastered disease at the moemnt it is heartbreaking :( x

• Kat says

Oh, Sarah, so sorry to hear that about your friend. It is terrible. And the worst is that everyone seems to know at least one person affected by cancer. It really is heartbreaking.

• Kat says

Thanks, Jenny. It is one of my favourite pictures. There is something very peaceful about it.

7. says

That’s a beautiful picture but a very sad story. I am so sorry for your loss and that of your friend’s family.