January is almost at an end. Just the worst month of the winter to come: February. But on a more cheerful note, it’s a new week with new opportunities. Bring it on.
Weekly wishes last week
- Work on a headpiece/fascinator – NOPE.
- Start the Bikini Body Guide – DONE – big success with this as I did all three training sessions for the first week and also made one of the recipes.
- Bake a cake for E’s third birthday – DONE, of course.
The birthday week about summed up the week for us, as E turned three on Wednesday. So Tuesday evening was all about cake baking. I made coconut cupcakes, using coconut flour but I forgot to buy coconut sugar, so just had to rely on the normal kind. They tasted pretty good and would have lasted longer but a) I ran out of time to ice them and b) the boys wolfed them down and then they were gone. As he wanted to have a party, we got out the leftover tablecloth, napkins and cups from O’s superhero party last year and used those = the happiest little three year old.
As my mother-in-law was here to celebrate with us, Husband and I took advantage of her as a babysitter and went out for drinks on both Friday and Saturday nights after the boys were in bed. It was great to get away and have some time for ourselves, especially as we decided while on holiday not to have a babysitter any nights. But this brought back some of the holiday memories of time with just the two of us over a glass of wine once the boys were asleep.
Sunday was a quiet day for us. O had his football school. This was only the second time that I have taken him and I noticed a significant improvement on last time. I doubt he’s the next Zlatan, but he enjoys it and his ball skills are getting better – and that’s what we wanted.
In the afternoon, we snuggled up on the sofa to watch a film. We tried The Pink Panther but only last ten minutes. In the end, we saw Annie, which I had not seen in more than 30 years. The boys loved it, absolutely loved it, despite it running for just over two hours. And I had forgotten how many of the songs really are great. A definite rewatch option for a lazy, miserable Sunday afternoon in the future.
Weekly wishes this week
- Work on a headpiece/fascinator.
- Mindfulness meditation – time to get back into this. I really want to start back with mindfulness this week and my success with training last week gives me a little more confidence that I can succeed with this too.
- Buy Husband’s birthday present
- Complete week 2 of the Bikini Body Guide
And these are goals that I know I can achieve. It’s looking like a good week. What are your goals for the week?
Linking up with Melyssa at The Nectar Collective.